Re: [MV] Mr. Wright of GL

From: Rockye56@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 21:54:46 PST

Hello Steve,

>****** Sounds like the "impact fee" they had years ago in Florida. Heard
>they did away with it after a couple years. Another way to rip you off
>by the state. Course, on the up side, they didn't have safety
>inspections or state income tax either.

Hmmm... I had never heard of an "impact fee" being extended to vehicles.
Normally the term applies to things like sewar and water hook ups where
the municipality eats most of the cost and the home owner nothing. Since
municiple budgets are made up of local taxpayer money (for the most
part), it basically translates into someone getting a free ride off the
backs of their neighbors. Impact Fees generally don't make up the
difference, but they at least shoulder the burden of cost onto the
individual directly benefitting from the action. As far as I know these
are perfectly legal.

Just curious how vehicles could be made to tie into this. Environmental
considerations?

Steve
              TO Steve, yes there was a impact fee in Florida back in the
80's but they remove it .