? about jerry cans and a 6X6

From: Dan Bever (goin_myway@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 21:17:14 PST

Hi List,
I bought some jerry cans today and wanted to verify if
they are of WWII vintage. I found this information on
each can.

1. 1CC-5L, 20-5, 43, SAMCO - this was on the top of
the can under the handle. It also had QMC on one side
with USA on the other side. There was also a G on the
top side of both. I believe this to be a 1943 can.

2. 1CC-5, Wheeling, 205 1/4 42 - this was on the
bottom. this one also has the USA and QMC on the
sides. This one might be a 1942 vintage.

3. the last one is a water can. It does not have any
markings on the bottom. The only markings I could find
were on the top under the handle. The markings are-
US, W, 44, Monarch.

I remember seeing an article on jerry cans in MV
Magazine but I can't find it right now.
I also am thinking about buying an old 6X6. I think it
is a 1953 vintage. It is a 6cyl gas engine manual
trans. and I believe it is a Kaiser model. It does not
have a bed on it. This is not the type with the round
hood (M211?)but looks more like the M35 model. I
believe it is one of the first of the M35 models. I
just wanted to know if this is an OK model and if it
was prone to any major problems. Thanks for any
information.
Dan Bever
MVPA18507