Re: [MV] ? about jerry cans and a 6X6

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 21:45:21 PST

In a message dated 2/1/02 12:24:44 AM Central Daylight Time,
goin_myway@yahoo.com writes:

<< I also am thinking about buying an old 6X6. I think it
 is a 1953 vintage. It is a 6cyl gas engine manual
 trans. and I believe it is a Kaiser model. It does not
 have a bed on it. This is not the type with the round
 hood (M211?)but looks more like the M35 model. I
 believe it is one of the first of the M35 models. I
 just wanted to know if this is an OK model and if it
 was prone to any major problems. Thanks for any
 information. >>

I would have to wake up and find my notes to get precise, but if it is a M35,
and a 53 vintage it is a Reo or Studebaker. Kaiser didn't get into the
military 6x6 business until 1964, when they bought Studebaker's Chippewa
Avenue plant, and the just-awarded contract to build M39 series 5 tons. For
Kaiser, the deuces came later.

Hope this helps,
David Doyle