M151A1 Hood Numbers and M60 Machine Gun

From: Tony Castagno (tonycastagno@verticalthought.com)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 07:33:39 PST

Hello List,

I am starting to restore my M151A1. It is currently National Guard 4
color cammo. I am going to take it back to original green. I tried to
get at the original hood numbers but could not seem to find them as I
stripped away the paint layer by layer. I remember a thread a while
back where some of you guys (Ken?) could figure out the Hood number with
a formula from the serial number and Delivery Date. The jeeps serial
number is 02B99368-0093 it is a 1968 Ford M151A1. Secondly I would like
to put a M4 pedestal and an M60 replica or parts kit on it. I heard
that IRAC made a decent M60, does anybody know what the prices are or
who else makes a good one and price? Also any leads on an M4 pedestal?

Thanks for your help,
Tony