Re: [MV] CUCV parts needed & CUCVs for sale

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 20:43:05 PST

Hi Daniel...

I can help you with up to half of your needed items:

>2 - weight classification plates with CUCV bracket (used is more than fine)

I got my NOS set a while back from Vermont Commercial Salvage for $20
including shipping. They don't have a web site that I know of, but
they do have email: VTCSM37@aol.com .

>1 - slave receptacle cover

Not sure on this one.

>1 - set of the colored plastic indicator light covers (for the "4 wheel
>drive" "Gen 1" "Gen 2") are these available from Chevy???

Not sure on this one either.

>1 - pintle hook assy The whole assy that bolts to the back bumper in the
>license plate spot.

A pintle described as a "5 ton" is available NOS from Coleman Surplus
for $35 at the following URL, but not sure if this is a CUCV or
not...I think it isn't:

http://www.galleria-e.com/cgi-bin/Colemans.storefront/3c5f61ce044f3808273fd1d99e420637/Product/View/218701

Our friends at FLMV have the pintle for $45:
  http://www.flmv.net/CUCVx.html

Your trucks sound nice!

Good luck.

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 Cubic Inch Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See them at: http://www.CUCV.net