Re: [MV] Need some M-35 stuff

From: John Stewart-Smith (john_stewartsmith@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 06:14:39 PST

Whenever we ran out of hydraulic fluid on deployment, we used Dexron III as
a substitute in the 1022's.
It was not an approved substitute, but it worked fine even at -25 degrees.
(I sure as hell hope my commander does not read this list)
What are you towing the 1022's with? We always pulled them with 5-tons,
because deuces were too slow. You know that the braking system on a 1022 is
not like a deuce, it is more similar to a 5 ton. The 1022 needs full air
pressure before it will roll. It can be towed with a deuce if the box is not
extremely heavy.

-John in Austin