Re: [MV] Sherman documentary on TV tonite

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 10:08:05 PST

Jim etc...

>It did have some good shots tho - I particularly liked the american
>flotation bag device and the sherman with it fitted sinking :-) The shot
>of the early DD dropping its screen was quite interesting as well.

I have long since given up hope of high quality research and propper
editing in shows like this. Now I just sit back and enjoy the vet
interviews and check out the "new" footage being used. One big change in
these docos over the past 5 years or so is their attempts to get "fresh"
footage instead of the same old tired stuff seen in show after show.

I recently saw the show on Tigers. While I learned nothing new (no
surprise), I did get to see a few Tiger vets interviews in the flesh that
I have read about. There was "new" footage too, so all in all I was
quite happy with it.

Steve