Re: [MV] Sherman documentary on TV tonite

From: Jon Shoop (shoop19@brick.net)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 03:49:45 PST

I just had a chance last January to be part of a film session for the
History Channel...feature on the M5A1 Stuart. Filmed in Kentucky just a few
miles from Knox...all day session, live fire, on the move, all MGs and main
gun, patrol-recon, and under attack from some 2nd SS guys from St louis and
Iowa.......

Also featured will be a all black tanker unit under Patton's command, some
of the first to capture consentration camps in Europe. The army sent 4 guys
over from Knox and we outfitted them in WWII tanker garb.......taught them
to drive the Stuart...they had a blast...fighting, removing a wounded
comrad under fire, dismounting under fire with smoke filling the interior
and dismounting MGs and fighting off the Germans.....a beautiful day in
Kentucky.....film should air in the spring...

Jon