Re: [MV] Sherman documentary on TV tonite

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 23:47:03 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Webster" <jimweb@simonides.prestel.co.uk>
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2002 12:37 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] Sherman documentary on TV tonite

> Steve Grammont wrote:
>

> > I thought that was the case, but I was under the impression that there
> > currently are not Tiger 1Es in running condition. The one at Bovington
> > will be the first. If that is true, then either Saumur doesn't have a
> > Tiger 1E (I find that unlikely!), they have one which they haven't
> > restored yet, or they have one running and the information I have
> > accumulated over the years is incorrect.
> >
> > Maybe Jim Webster on this list can help us out here?
>

> Samur has a late production E with the panther type cupola. It only has
> transport tracks. I assume it isn't a runner.

As I understand it, the main thrust of Bovington's successful grant application
for National Lottery funds is because this would have been the only running
Tiger 1 in the world. Now with two extra air vents in the block, if anyone
happens to have a Maybach HL 210 P45 lounging in their shed, they'd like to hear
from you.

Richard
Southampton - England
-Solent Area MVT-