M35 Brake Problems II

From: k, d, j, m, & a miller (thisoldhouse@libcom.com)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 16:58:04 PST

hi.
Spent the day trying to figure out my brake problem.
Here are some more symptoms:
1) There is a lot of air hissing when the brake pedal is
applied and released. Hissing comes from around the
master cylinder and vent.

2) If brakes are applied very slowly, there is a much better
chance of the brakes working. Pressing the brake pedal
fast and hard only causes the pedal to go in about half an
inch before encountering a firm stop. Almost like you are
pushing against 120 PSI of air.

3) The more air in the system, the more it appears that the
brakes fail. (The brake pedal hits its firm stop)

4) Sometimes if I continue to apply pressure to the brake
pedal after it has hit its firm stop,
it will suddenly continue in for an inch or two and the brakes
will be applied correctly.

Thank you very much again for all the help,

kurt

---
---