Re: [MV] wanted M1008 or M1028

From: Jumpmaster (the_real_jumpmaster@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 21:02:19 PST

--- Stephen L Dussetschleger <dussetschleger@juno.com>
wrote:
> Better think big $ . I talked to a couple
> dealers, & was quoted about $7K for really nice
> M1008's. I decided to keep my Dodge M880's, I can
> still pick them up cheap. I'm cheap too.

Dealers have an inflated view of what these vehicles
are worth (hence, why they still seem to have them for
7k all the time). They can be had much cheaper with
just a little effort. I found mine in autotrader.com
by just looking under K5 Chevy Blazers of the
appropriate years. It took some effort (you have to
scan for the word "military") but you will find them
there. M1008's can be found the same way I found my
M1009.

Good luck...they're out there. There are also good
dealers without huge prices too.

T. Bloxom
1985 M1009 CUCV