Re: [MV] Talking about motorcycles ...

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 23:33:40 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ryan Gill" <rmgill@mindspring.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 6:47 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] Talking about motorcycles ...

At 1:19 AM -0500 2/13/02, JaxInCalifornia@aol.com wrote:
>Oh boy, now you've gone and done it, ....makin a comparison between
>some rice grinder and an American legend! This iron on wheels is
>unequaled in status to any other motorcycle ever produced anywhere.
>Why this was our war horse in WWII

Funny, I thought that was the Jeep, the M4, the Liberty Ship, the
LST, the Mustang and the B17.

Errrr, I'd be a bit careful about the Mustang; built to a British requirement
and production order, America wasn't the slightest bit interested in it until
Sir Stanley Hooker borrowed one, took it to RR at Derby and attached it to the
back end of a Merlin whereupon it went like greased weasel sh 1 t off a shiny
shovel and had more grunt at 25,000 ft than the Alison could make at take-off.
Everyone wanted one then.

The rest, as they say, is history.

>600cc super sport bikes make 100 horses now days. Heck, 250cc two strokes >make
nearly that.

Ah yes, we have those on the street, power curves that look like the north face
of the Eiger.

Richard
Southampton - England
-Solent Area MVT-