German gunsight info?

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 22:19:58 PST

Hi all,

I'm posting this for a friend and have NO connection to this other than that:

"I picked up a gunsight today. It's marked PZF1-2.5x28 degrees. Maker
code is dpw. serial no 2643."

Anybody know what this is? He thinks it was mounted on a German AFV,
which makes me curious about this myself. I could find no "PZF1"
designation for WWII German vehicles, only "TZF" and "KZF". So this
might be a post war? Sorry, this is all the info I have. If somebody
knows a few questions to ask, I can pass them along.

Thanks!

Steve