Re: [MV] CAUTION!!! Beware of Magnesium batteries

From: Jumpmaster (the_real_jumpmaster@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 15:03:00 PST

--- "Horrocks, Aaron" <ACHb@pge.com> wrote:
> I am guessing that these magnesium batteries are not
> rechargeable?

Nope.

> Metal fires are nasty stuff, but magnesium is one of
> the, if not the most violent chemically reactive
> metals you can find in the periodic table.

Speaking of this, was it just me or did anyone else
notice in Blackhawk Down that an RTO got shot (the
radio/battery took the round) and had what appeared to
be a large fire coming from the lower part (where the
battery would be).

Just curious if anyone else saw that or if I was
imagining things.

T. Bloxom
1985 M1009 CUCV