Re: [MV] GPW bearings

From: aussierob (aussierob@odyssey.net)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 06:38:54 PST

Maurizio Hello It's Rob here:

That does seem really high. This week I will pickup my GPW rebuild block and
crank for the reconditioner. Rebore crank grind - new pistons and rings,
valves, guides, timing chain, camshaft bushings in fact, totally the works.

I will check the price for you however, Walcks in Penn, USA have new
pistons for around $24 each. I cant see the bearings being that price you
mentioned... Walks have the two sets for approx $60 US Mains and $40 big
ends conns. Total $100
walcks link http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Shop/1658/ Phone (usa)
610 852 3110

Where are you located?
In Italy ?

Then add in the exchange rates and shipping and your dealers profit... maybe
that is a reasonable price. I could nearly buy them and fly to Italy for
that amount of money
Regards, stay in touch

Rob Pearson
Syracuse. Upstate Ny area.
'42 MB Been to #ell and back
'46 CJ2A Fully Rebuilt Eng. not yet installed
'47 CJ2As Really Rusty one Runs (two jeeps)
Two CJ5s great engines - bad tubs
1, Surrey jeep. soon to have Toyota Celica eng. + Tranny

" <pierino@tin.it>