Re: [MVlist] GPW bearings

From: Dave Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 08:19:53 PST

Unless I'm losing it here, isn't the GPW the Jeep that has the engine which is the same design (or very similar) as the Ford 9N tractor engine?? (Sorry, I'm
fairly jeep illiterate)

If that is the case, you may be able to use 9N engine bearings. Those would be considerly less than the amount you specified.

You could even buy them from your local New Holland tractor dealer, or a slew of other sources. I bought an entire engine kit for my 9N tractor about 3 years
ago for $220 including pistons, sleeves, rings, bearings, and gaskets.

Dave