M35 brakes III

From: k, d, j, m, & a miller (thisoldhouse@libcom.com)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 14:53:13 PST

hi.
Finally got the air pac off the truck. (The truck
is stranded over my brother's house cause there
was no way I was driving it 30 miles without brakes!)

I printed out all the procedures for disassembling and
rebuilding the air pac. I followed the directions in tearing
it down and putting it back together all the way to the
second to the last page. Here lies my problem...

On page 12-45 of TM 9-2320-209-34-2-1 it states
in the Note: Pushrod seal and piston cup look the same.
Piston cup has larger opening. Do not mix them up.
I believe this is incorrect. The pushrod seal has the bigger
opening. Whoever put the thing together before followed
the directions above and used the piston cup as the pushrod
seal. The piston cup had a whole punched through it by the
pushrod.

Does anyone have experience with this? I want to make
sure my assumption is correct before I put it together my
way.

thanks in advance...

kurt

---