Let's not get diverted

From: Randall Scheffler (roughdoc@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 12:01:59 PST

Debating over which side of the spectrum is more evil is a waste of time,
and diverts us from the subject at hand.

The issue here is a proposed bill that experience shows will have an
adverse effect on our hobby and the hobbies of others who like older
vehicles.

The pattern goes like this:

        1. People get used to idea of older vehicles being crushed/destroyed.
        2. People start to get comfortable with the notion that older vehicles
are being destroyed because they are inherently bad.
        3. People don't question government when it decides that the program
should switch from voluntary to mandatory.
        4. People get used to the idea of government deciding what vehicles
should be destroyed.
        5. You have to get "permission" to even own your vehicles. If you can
prove that it's use is for legitimate purposes.

Follow the pattern on lots of things that our government has done to us.

There is evil on both sides of the political spectrum. When it comes down
to election day though, only one of the two parties will win. Given a
choice between giving up all of my freedoms and liberties with the
Democrats, I'll struggle along with the Republicans.

Doc