M105 trailer axle width??

From: Neil E. Amrhein (neil@compu-powr.com)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 04:41:50 PST

List,
    Does anyone know how wide an M105 cargo trailer is from the outside of
one tire to the outside of the other? The only manual I found online says
that the body is 74" wide (I assume inside measurement), but the overall
width of the trailer is 83".
    It appears (from all the pictures I could find) that the widest part is
the outside measurement at the bottom rail that runs around the body. It
appears to be wider than the track of the axle.
    I am wondering if I could haul one on my car trailer, which has a 77"
deck width. I want to be sure that there will be enough tire on the trailer
for my own peace of mind. It will be strapped down tight front and rear, so
it won't move around.

    Thanks,
        Neil

1971 General Products M35A2, W/W, Turbo