Re: [MV] humvee question

From: John Stewart-Smith (john_stewartsmith@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 06:11:30 PST

Yes, we used a lightly armored weapons carrier in a central African location
in 1990. It was the slope back version, with a turret ring. It bore no
identification markings whatsoever, and our uniforms matched. It was a
dismal failure, because it really stood out against dark (night time)
backgrounds, especially when using night vision. So did we! Not stealthy at
all.
Terrible idea for combat, but we sure were Hollywood cool!
-John in Austin