Re: [MV] Stretcher Jeep

From: Pete & Renee Davis (pandr@cybertours.com)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 19:22:07 PST

Hello Stu,

I've seen those shots in the programs before. They seemed to have a high frame
covered with canvas to go over the litters; high enough that the litters may
have been rested on top of the windshield frame. I haven't seen the shows for
a while, but didn't the frames also extend behind the tailgate?

And they definitely appeared in several different shots in several different
programs. So.... Did one combat camera team shoot the same jeep many times, or
was this a standardized field modification that managed to elude Fred Crismon?
It is not in US Military Wheeled Vehicles. The footage was taken during WW II,
so they couldn't have been M 170's. Does anyone else have any information on
these mystery litter jeeps?

Pete Davis