Re: [MV] Stretcher Jeep

From: Steve Malikoff (MIL-VEH account) (44gpw@phaedra.apana.org.au)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 13:33:54 PST

They could be Holden ambulance jeeps, the only mass-produced conversion
of jeeps by a vehicle manufacturer in WWII. The US Marine Corps contracted
General Motors Holden in Melbourne, Australia to build these ambulances.
The rear panel was cut out, two levels of stretchers added, medical kit,
full canvas enclosure added. They all had lifting eyes on the front bumper
as did other Marine jeeps in the Pacific. There are four pages on these
jeeps in the book 'JEEPS over the Pacific'.

Steve.
steven@phaedra.apana.org.au