Re: [MV] 42 1.5 ton 4x4 chevy military truck

From: Neil Dewey (nrdewey@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 21:58:08 PST

I have a 42 chev 1 1/2t dump truck. I put new master cylinder and slave
cylinders for each wheel for the brakes. I took my cylinders to a truck
supplier that knew about brakes and they hooked me up. The motor is a 235ci
and not hard to find parts for it. Chevrolet used the motor well into the
fifties. As far as the bed goes, I have found several of the 9 foot beds
and a couple with the hoist in not to bad of shape. The parts are out there
if you look. Good luck, Neil