Re: [MV] Solargizers

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 22:12:06 PST

Hi Matt...

>I read an article that the US Army did a somewhat scientific, but not really
>that scientific, study in 1995 on using solargizer battery chargers on all
>their vehicles. It stated that they did a few tests and found that the
>solargizer did exactly what it claimed to do. By that I mean it could
>eventually recharge a battery as much as a battery charger, and it also
>allowed drained batteries (connected to solargizers while draining) to be
>fully recharged while the control batteries once drained could not be fully
>recharged. They also reported that it did extend battery life in unused
>vehicles, being that it allowed them to start after sitting for long
>periods. Normally the batteries would have been dead when sitting that long.

I have never used one but I'd like to.

They are on eBay all the time from $22. There's one eBay seller
(sheana69) that says he sells them by the case (40 to a case). Should
we get a pool together and split a full case? They should come to
about $15 each or less. And yes, these are the 12/24v systems.

Maybe those of us who are going to Big Bear in CA could split a case
and distribute them at the show.

Thanks!

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 Cubic Inch Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See them at: http://www.CUCV.net