RE: Turn Signal Switches

From: Muttguru@aol.com
Date: Sat Feb 23 2002 - 07:06:27 PST

Dear Listers,

I am about to do some research into the various types of turn-signal switches
for M-series vehicles, which i will gladly share with the List when complete.

I know of three types of switch so far :-
1. the type with the warning light in the BODY of the switch:
2. the type with the warning light at the end of the stalk;
3. a super-streamlined version of (1) above (very recent, I think);
4. A late 50's-early '60's type chrome-plated type with a small red warning
lens;

The questions are:
1. Does anyone have any knowledge of any other types used?
2. Does anyone have the FSN or NSN for types (2) (3) and (4) above?
3. Does anyone have a photo of types (2) (3) and (4) or any other type?

Your help is (as always) much appreciated....
Thanks....
Ken