Volvo 4X4 Valp 4 sale, $5250

From: JaxInCalifornia@aol.com
Date: Sat Feb 23 2002 - 11:23:13 PST

Photos at:

http://hometown.aol.com/jaxincalifornia/Volvopage.html

Well gang, looks like I bought another MV again! So now my 100% original 1965 Valp is up for grabs. This is a dandy if you know anybody in the market...this is a good one.

This is a Swedish built troop carrier, designated the L3314N, assembled in Norway. It is left hand drive, 4 X 4, 4 sp, with high and low range, high in 4W or 2W. Engine is simple B18 4 cyl. Volvo with 65 hp, easy to up HP, but not necessary. Top cruise speed is around 48-50 mph.. could push it higher, but I don't drive like that, I keep it down around 45-48 mph. I believe the gas mileage is between 15-17 mpg, depending on how you drive. Tires are 8.90X16 military made in Norway. They are big, 34 inches tall.

Mechanical choke on console next to the radiator curtan adjuster for arctic climate. Troop seats in back fold up for more storage. Rear door is hinged to open like normal door, has spare tire mounted on it.

This was just professionally serviced, new plugs, plug wires, dist. cap and points, etc. Fresh oil change and all fluids topped off.

Solid body, tires about 75-80%, no rust, mileage is 54,000 in kilometers,whats that about 35,000 in miles?

I can sell it with or without the RT524 radio(add $500 for whole setup in working order) The soft top is rubberized, clear plastic windows, comes with soft doors, nice camo paint. Very complete, even with kit in the original military wood crate!

Never had a mechanical problem with it. Everything works fine, smooth-tight clutch, independant wipers, turn signals, heater, defroster. Fold down windshield, lots of storage, easy access to everything for service.

Mechanically speaking, nothing exotic or tricky, just simple and built to be reliable. I figured why spend your time working on one when you can be driving it? It's why I bought it.

Unfortunately for me, I can only own one MV at a time... so this one must go t make room or I wouldn't sell it!

Vehicle located in Chico, CA. USA. First come first serve. Easy access to shipping, rail or flat bed.

If interested please contact me off line.

Jack Lee

PS Yes, it's titled, haven't got the paper work back from DMV yet, but all fees paid and can furnish all necessary documentation to complete a transfer to you. No smog, pre-72.

(Lots more pics, just ask, can take pics for you too, you name the part! lol )