Re: [MV] CHEAP (er) 24 to 12 volt converters, if you care

From: JEFF HAIN-MATSON (flmv@flmv.net)
Date: Sat Feb 23 2002 - 15:40:16 PST

to respond to both of you:
you are correct, but in a snow plow set up you will have a battery problem. at
least my plow cucv blazer kills the low side battery in about 1 to 2 years. that
is with the plow hot lead tied to the low side battery + terminal. will be
moving the set up to a new blazer and moving the hot lead to the high side -
just to see if the GM engineers were on to anything.

--
JEFF HAIN-MATSON
FRONT LINE MILITARY VEHICLES      WEB SITE:   www.flmv.net

In a message dated 2/23/02 9:16:34 AM, mojoedd@bellsouth.net writes:

>On the other hand in a two 12 volt battery system with two alternators >that each provide power to one battery, (such as my CUCV), I wouldn't think >that this would apply?

Correct, the CUCV charging system charges each battery independently. Jeff