HMMWV fuel tank leak and slow leak in tire

From: Ned Parkes (sparkes@fast.net)
Date: Sat Feb 23 2002 - 19:36:42 PST

Has anyone out there with a HMMWV ever experienced fuel running down and
wetting the bottom of the fuel tank? I dry it and it appears wet again after
a few days. There doesn't appear to be any cracks or hole in the tank, at
least not where I can see it. If I have to drop the tank is it difficult to
do?

Also, I seem to have a slow leak in oneof the tires. Don't know if it is
the tire or bead or valve stem. The trouble is that I can't find any tire
shops who will work on it. Is there something special about these wheels
(other than that they are aplit rims) that a truck tire service center can't
deal with?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ned Parkes
1986 CUCV M1009