LST-325

From: Dean L. Kellogg, Jr (kelloggd@uthscsa.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 24 2002 - 10:17:34 PST

HI,

I just got this from another list and thought maybe someome on this list
could help these large scale MVers....

>The LST Ship Memorial (LST-325) is dire need for someone to donate
>an old computer that they may having laying around gathering dust
>so that the ship can get on the Internet and be able to utilize e-mail.
>
>At present the ship is working off a cell phone and handling everything
>via long distance phone calls which is digging deep into the funds
>available to restore the ship to its WW2 configuration as a floating
>memorial to all that sailed on LST's during WW2, Korea and Vietnam.
>
>The current need is for a 286, 386 or 486 computer with a modem
>capable of 28.8 to 56.0KB, and a printer either dot matrix or old
>ink jet and as low as an old 10 Meg hard card and floppy drive
>so the ship ban come on line for e-mail.
>
>All help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Contact either myself of Fred Chapman at <nnn0ppe@navymars.org>
>if you can assist.
>
>Thanks in advance
>

>73
>Bob Wilder, AF2HD / AFA2HD(USAF MARS)
>TSgt, USAF (Retired)
>6032 Idlemoore Court
>Theodore, Alabama 36582-4036
>(251)653-5274

Dean L. Kellogg, Jr., MD, PhD
Department of Medicine
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
7703 Floyd Curl Drive
San Antonio, Texas 78229-3900
(210) 617-5311 FAX (210) 617-5312 e-mail:kelloggd@uthscsa.edu