Re: [MV] CHEAP (er) 24 to 12 volt converters, if you care

From: tdl (weefolks@theramp.net)
Date: Sun Feb 24 2002 - 16:38:59 PST

  Battery questions- yet another "what if"

  I also have considered running a 12 volt tap off low side pos. terminal
but with a twist. I have a 3rd 12 volt battery in the box. I wanted to run
a tap off the low side pos.. terminal of the 24 volt system and run it over
to the single 12 volt battery that runs my starter motor powered snowplow
pump. I have guessed that the generator would keep the 12 volt single
charged by this jumper from the one side of the 24 volt setup. I also
speculated that this would cause problems within the 24 volt system balance
and was worried it would smoke the generator or the untapped side of the 24
volt set?

tom