Re: [MV] M-274 Article

From: Keith Byrd (byrdhouse@netease.net)
Date: Sun Feb 24 2002 - 18:32:09 PST

In the text they talk about the "M274 and the M274A ( they must mean the
A1), but in the pictures the mule they show has a 2 cylinder engine. It mule
in the pictures has 1 muffler, so it has to have the 2AO42 engine. They
never mention that engine in the text. The mule with the 4 cylinder engine
(M274 and M274A1) has 2 mufflers (one on ea. side).
Also, I can't see the rear tie rods. If they're there, they are hard to see.
If it has none it would have to be a M274A5. Since it is the only model not
to have 4 wheel steer. They said that the M274A had 4 wheel steer, and let
on that the M274 did not. They all had it until the A5 (late 60's).

I hate to be a nitpicker, BUT!!!!!
Those of us who know and love the little whiners already know all of this,
but there are a lot of folks on this list who are learning. We need to make
sure they get the right info. I hate it when these magazine writers don't do
their home work. I'm surprised that the guys at L. Grove didn't square them
away on the facts.

Oh ,well.
Just trying to right a wrong.
Keith
Spent an unseasonably warm, winter afternoon cleaning up around the house
and landscaping, with my mule (A5) and M100.