Machine translation

From: J. Forster (jfor@quik.com)
Date: Sun Feb 24 2002 - 20:12:41 PST

There is a story about a Russian-English translation program in the '60s or '70s
making repeated referances to the 'water goat' principal. Anybody know what that
is? (see below)

This is also a test. My posts to this list seem to be delayed 3 to 4 days. I
sent this post out at about 11:10 pm EST on Sunday. I wonder when it will show
up. Maybe the skylee will work properly.

BTW, when a human translator looked at the original text, he found 'water goat'
= hydraulic ram.

Take care,
John