Re: [MV] Deuce Shutoff

From: Randy Orpe (sgtorpe@sierratel.com)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 19:02:41 PST

> That said, a shutoff cable is substantially cheaper than
> the consequences of a runaway 13K lb vehicle.

I have a friend who had one deuce roll forward and just bump the deuce in
front of it. Just enough to roll one cylinder up to the injection point. The
front truck then roared to life and crunched into the gate crumpling the
hood, grill and radiator.
REMEMBER !! This series truck has a nasty habit of overrunning the parking
brake. Leaving it on a hill with the truck in gear to additionally hold it,
with the engine kill in, could lead to some ugly results. I speak from
experience, but then, what do I know.

Randy Orpe ( good thing I have an M62 )