Re: [MV] Info on Cowardly Hatemail Anonymous Emailer

From: Nigel Hay (Nigel@milweb.net)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 08:22:02 PST

David,
The Roughs Tower fort which likes to be known as Sealand is visible from
near here on a clear day , I have in fact flown in a small plane over it and
looked at it and the other forts in the Thames Estuary.It was definately
inhabited on each occasion.
 Initially Run by a Roy Bates it has a very colourful past and I recall
seening in a TV documentary about its passports.The actress Daina Doors was
(I think) romantically linked to somewone at Sealand -I believe, in the
heady days of 1960 Pirate radio. It was an active and popular pirate radio
station, had various raids and skirmishes over the years and continues to be
quite
a mystery to this day.
Quite why anyone would want to live their beats me, its about the size of a
light aircraft hanger - I doubt if the servers are located there as how they
could ever cover the cost of the miles of cabling needed to reach the fort.
Nige