Re: [MV] IMPORTING MV

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 11:20:44 PST

Gene,

>Here is a question for the guys who know about importing..
>What - if any - are the problems of bringing a 1985 CUCV 1010 Ambulance in
>out of Canada.?? Anyone know if this is an easy deal or not ?/ Gene

The vehicle is younger than 25 years, so you are going to need evidence
that it meets current DoT safety and road standards. This should be easy
enough to do. Other than that, I imported 2 Weasels and a M101 trailer
this past December and didn't have any problems at all. All three were
loaded onto a single truck and came over without so much as a raised
eyebrow. Of course, I used a Customs Broker which I would recommend
doing. Didn't cost that much and they probably put in way more time than
the fee they charged (which was $100 something bucks IIRC).

My stuff crossed at Buffalo, NY's Peace Bridge crossing.

Steve