Re: [MV] multifuel injector problem

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 11:36:00 PST

Neil,

    Chock wheels even if it appears to be level ground. That is when a Deuce
most commonly rolls away is hand brake only with no wheel chocks. Like a
They are cheap and don't take much time to set in place, even on a daily ".
Consider how much trouble/expense it is to be filling out accident reports.
"But Officer!!! I HAD MY HAND BRAKE APPLIED!! "
    I drive a dump tri-axle truck for a living and maxicans ( Spring
applied parking brake requires a minimum of 60 pounds of compressed air to
release the parking brake and yes, you could equip a Deuce M-35A2 with
maxicans spending near $4000.00-$5000.00 per truck. Mind you that is an
educated guesstimate from me. The reason the Military went with air over
hydraulic brakes is you still have brakes when the compressed air is gone.
Read Zero PSI. The mi;itary untill recently preferred not to use Maxicans
for parking because think if you were the driver and an air linr got ripped
and you lost your main resivoir air supply to sit out in the boonies with
the enemy shelling/shooting at you and you can't move cause their isn't
enough air pressure to release the brakes. Air over Hydraulic makes more
sense in the field. ) not with standing we still are required by Federal Law
to have a wheel chock in the truck. A deuce dosen't have Maxibrake Cans so
carry two wheel chocks Oak, steel, rubber and other varieties are available
for a couple of sheckles.

I will now fall off my soapbox.

James Shanks
MVPA 23128
1998 IMZ 8.103 Russian OD paint job right from the Factory. (Built in the
original plant in Irbit, Siberia, Russia. Comes complete with sidecar.
www.ural.com
1984 HD FLHT-C