Re: [MV] Why do you own that? My story

From: Walter Houghton (FlyN3Nvt@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 14:40:33 PST

I enjoyed this one very mutch. I'm sure that most of us have heard that time
and time again. I heard mine while doing a run to the grocery store in my
M35A2. I live in a well to do surburban town in Vermont filled with people
that moved up from the Connecticut river valley and wanted a piece of the
good live in VT. So anyway, I was at the register and I happened to look
out at the parking lot at my truck with all the volvo's and SUV's and then I
happened to notice the two women looking and pointing at my truck. Well I
paid for my 2 items and headed out the door. As I started walking toward
the two truck, I happened to look over and I got the puzzled look of the two
women. "Excuse me sir, are you in the Army?" I heard.
  "Nope" I replied. "Do you own this"............"Yea its mine" I said with
a slight grin because I knew what was next. So the other one asked "What do
you do with it?". I held up my grocery bag and replied "To get a
gallon of milk and a bag of cat litter". So with a even more puzzled look
on there faces, I got in and fired her up, I hit the pedal to get a belch of
black smoke and I drove off with a grin.
Jeff