You funny guy! I think we kill you last!

From: Cougarjack@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 23:17:08 PST

David,
Please, we all have gotten this hate mail on occasion. Because we discuss military things and sometimes express strong opinions, we seem to have attracted a couple of
cowardly idiots who shoot from cover and say things they'd never say in the open. These few are NOT a part of our group here, and never will be. They are just lost souls who are mad at life and the world because they are not in charge of things. I know you get beat up pretty bad here at times, but it is a function of how passionate we are about our hobby. I get 300 to 400 hate mails every time I express a strong political opinion about our hobby. I just delete them and move on. You can't convert these people. It's impossible to teach a pig to dance, and it only annoys the pig.
If you come to a few of our gatherings and swap meets, you'll find us a reasonable bunch, and cordial for the most part. I side with Ronzo on not getting a congressman involved, just on general grounds that I've never seen anything which could be improved upon by getting a congressman involved. I'm willing to wait and see, as long as you seem to be putting out this kind of effort to do it right. Although I somewhat agree with Gene also that your company should have been required under the contract to hit the ground running, and that your problems should not become ours, the fact is that here we all are at this juncture, so we all need to pull together to get it up and running. Hang in there, and we'll make this work!
Do come out to meet some of us, if you can, and we'll even give you a photo preview of our meager trade wares. Of course, sometimes the photos get mixed up, and well, you know how it is when you work with people.....
I'll personally offer you a shady chair and a cold brewski, let you pet my dog, and Aussie Rob promises not to fart too near you. You may win the door prize, which is a snap to claim after filling in the proper transfer forms and arranging for flatbed service... LOL!
best regards,
Jack, who says "come on gang, let's not hang him yet! "