Re: [MV] New List, Why Not?

From: Randall Scheffler (roughdoc@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Mar 02 2002 - 04:10:08 PST

New list, old list, MPVA, not MPVA, etc. Seems like we go through this
every year or so.

I understand that some have the vehicle of their dreams, and aren't looking
for another one.

Others have a more "private" appreciation for the hobby than others.

The reality is that the one thing that everyone of our vehicles has in
common is that they were all the property of the Government at one time or
another.

There is a finite number of vehicles available for our hobby, and if we are
to grow the interest in our hobby, we need to make it easier for people to
get access to formerly government owned vehicles. Ignoring the taxpayer
issue for a moment, that should be one our primary motivations for making
sure that GL or whomever does a better job.

For those who have their dream vehicle, it's certainly in their interest to
want less vehicles in the hobby pool. Less vehicles translates into higher
resale.

In the big picture though, our hobby as a whole benefits if and when more
people can access those vehicles sold by our government.

The government's already made it tough enough to have our hobby. Most of
the smaller vehicles are forbidden to resale. Dueces are the smallest left.

Let's look at the big picture and remember it's Military Vehicles that band
us together, not personal self interest.

Just my two cents worth.

Doc