Group hug

From: John Stewart-Smith (john_stewartsmith@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Mar 02 2002 - 14:40:20 PST

Okay, I've heard enough, I have to write something. To all of you whiner's
who think that this list is only for your particular interests/vehicle
types, this is a Military Vehicle list. Anything whatsoever that pertains to
military vehicles can and should be allowed. To the complainers- good bye,
good luck. To the diverse personalities, welcome aboard, we are glad to hear
from you. I personally read every single posting on this list, if I like
them, or if they appeal to my own interests (M35, M715, etc.), I save them.
If I am not interested, I delete them. I have been on the list for a few
months and I have not been offended by anyone (even Gene!) or anything. I do
admit that sometimes the list is better than television, certainly more
entertaining.
I am certainly looking forward to meeting Gene at the Texas MVCC Convention,
and I just hope he has time to drink coffee and bullshit. Whether he has any
parts I am interested in is unimportant, his opinions and attitude are one
of the many positive things about this list.
This might not be too smart, but here goes...
Any one of you travelling through central Texas, (Austin or thereabouts) if
you are in trouble with your MV, give me a call, (512) 388-2181. I am just a
grumpy old retired Master Sergeant who has entirely too much time on his
hands. I might not be able to fix your problem, but I can probably tow you
or just buy you a cup of coffee, whatever.
Now, if anyone is thinking of calling with hateful messages, go right ahead,
just have the balls to identify yourself.
By the way, even if you are quitting this list, this offer is open to you
also, no question.
-John in Austin