Re: [MV] Oil for M35A2

From: Gene Pantano (truks@cs.quik.com)
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 07:49:16 PST

Something new has been added to oil changes.!! The Army is doing a bit of
experimenting, whether authorized or not - they are doing it..
They are adding turbine synthetic lubricant to engine oil changes.. One
quart for a HMMWV engine is added to the 10W40. Fuel mileage increases are
being noted. The 1008 and 1009's are getting the treatement as well..one
quart - same engine as the HMMWV. The Deuce sized motors..M35A3's included
are getting 2 quarts. Added fuel mileage noted. !! It works !! I got some
othe stuff and will use it when it warms up here - in everything...
I guess the had a lot of this stuff and were bored...so some smart Civilian
Technician started doing this...Gene