JEEP REBUILD

From: aussierob (aussierob@odyssey.net)
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 07:35:14 PST

JEEP REBUILD
I am presently rebuilding a 42 Ford script jeep. The frame is done ready for
the springs and shackles.
The engine is done - a full rebuild including hardened valve seats.

The axles are partly rebuilt
Haven't got to the transmission as yet
The Tub is going through it's rebuild right now.
It's a very long and arduous process. Lots of rust to remove. Still, I will
be leaving a lot of the original tub intact !
Drilling out spot welds and removing the huge amounts of rust. This includes
and some sections of the wheelhouse and side panels and new floor and other
repairs as well.
Lots of mig welding butt welding new pieces into match the old good metal
is very slow work
However, it's exceptionally rewarding too
I Found hat channel for $3.00 per foot
Between the spot welding drillout task and the air chisel for those spot
welds that can be drilled due to retricted area for the drill, I'm nearly
have the tub in pieces.

Photos will follow as soon as I can get to them.
Regards Rob

Upstate Ny area near Syracuse.
'42 MB Been to #ell and back
'42GPW full rebuild currently on track for a late spring startup date.
'46 CJ2A Fully Rebuilt Eng. not yet intsalled
'47 CJ2As Really Rusty one Runs (two jeeps)
Two CJ5s great engines - bad tubs
1, Surrey jeep. soon to have Toyota Celica eng. + Tranny