MV forum rules

From: Richard Lathrop (lathrrs@snip.net)
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 07:43:04 PST

Acutally the list does have a moderator, Arthur Kyle, he just seems to be on a very extended holiday.

Every once in awhile he would moderate the forum.

The following are the guidelines everyone gets when they joined the list and are posted on the website.

The military vehicles mailing list is a forum for those who privately own or are interested in military vehicles from any country and of any type, from bicycles to tanks.

Discussion can cover repair of vehicles, buying and selling vehicles and spare parts, weapons, paint, markings, technical documentation, and notification of clubs, parades, and conventions for military vehicle owners. Most any discussion concerning issues of interest to military vehicle collectors is appropriate, though military matters beyond historical background would likely belong on sci.military.

Military LR (Land Rover), Jeep, and HMMWV (High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle or "Hummer") discussions are certainly appropriate, and there will be some overlap with lists dedicated to civilian LR, Jeep, and Hummer ownership. Mil-veh is most appropriate for talking about the numerous military versions of such cross-over vehicles.

Please do not post binaries to the list. We all like to see photos of MVs, but mailing them to the entire list clogs up the system and people's mailboxes. Instead, post a short pointer to where readers can find the pictures (ftp site, URL, whatever) or offer to e-mail them privately.

Likewise, do not post in MIME or HTML. Post messages in plain text only. MIME/HTML messages will be bounced by the list software.

Please do not post test messages to the list, or off-topic messages.

Although brief, personal "For Sale" or "Wanted" postings are appropriate, please check withbefore making commerical postings that are not in direct response to a question posted to the list. If you own or are involved with a business and your posting concerns that business, it would be a commerical posting. In any case, only messages with a direct connection to the private ownership of military vehicles are appropriate.