Re: [MV] LIST OF MV'ers (with pink trucks) TO AVOID

From: Ron (rojoha@mediaone.net)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 11:08:28 PST

    It has been pointed out to me that Hankies 'pink' vehicle was actually
one of the Army's attempts to reflect that women now make up a considerable
part of our fighting forces. As a result, in addition to female comfort
packs with the necessary female expendables inside, the Army also fielded
MWR units specifically for them. Hankies vehicle was one of the many
"specialized" vehicles to support females in small, forward combat units.
His truck was one of the first MRY-K vans deployed which contained
hypo-allergenic camouflage materials that could be properly matched to the
color palette of the individual female combat soldier and insured that they
were applied properly, so as not to clash with the uniform or surroundings.
    Rumors have it that there were also AVO-N vans with similar missions.
    My favorite is the VICTOR -1A (SECRET) vans which were found mainly
with SOCOM units. These provided specialized female clothing used in night
time operations featureing hand to hand combat and culminating in
penetration of secured facilities.
    Ronzo