Re: [MV] The perils of honesty on eBay

From: Pete & Renee Davis (pandr@cybertours.com)
Date: Sun Mar 10 2002 - 19:01:40 PST

Yes! I got one of those, too. Admittedly, I had not made myself clear
when I told the seller
that I was a bit pissed off (Big power seller too busy to read my
message that payment was
sent. Then they did an automated Late Payment message to me) but the
tone was the same. You
could see this woman getting more and more worked up as she responded.
"Don't ever bid
again. I am blocking your bid and any response to this message. Of
course you'll leave your
pithy little feedback to justify yourself." Blah blah blah. Whoa, lady!
Switch to decaf! In
truth, I never left any feedback; a combination of not wanting to stoop
to her level and my
mother always saying, "If you don't have anything nice to say about
someone, don't say
anything at all."

The ultimate irony was that the transaction was actually very good. I
just wanted to make
the point that they should read their e-mail. I guess I'm just one those
folks who sees
e-bay as a big yard sale rather than a big business; the interaction
with the seller is part
of what I enjoy the most.

Pete Davis