Re: [MV] The perils of honesty on eBay

From: Dave Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 11:28:51 PST

I've done about 200 transacations on Ebay and by far most of them have gone very well. As a seller I've had a number of deadbeat bidders. But that is business. I don't believe
I've had even one really bad transaction, however I have avoided a couple by knocking bidders off my items who had a negative 2 FB, and by also refusing to deal with bad
sellers.

I've noticed that some sellers who do a crappy job, they abandon their ID when it gets too bad and start over with a new ID, only to screw a number of people again. Those guys
aren't too hard to spot as they will have 10% bad feedback or more and I am not talking about 1 out of 10, but 100 out of a thousand or so. I think 99%+ of the people on Ebay are
very honest people.

Dave