Re: [MV] World Land Speed Record, M35, Diesel Class

From: Rich Weinkauf, N8QLT (N8QLT@arrl.net)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 07:24:59 PST

> Since no one else has claimed the title for the World Land Speed Record
> for the Diesel Powered M35, I would like to claim it.

This past summer while driving from Traverse City Michigan, back home to
Farmington, Michigan, I drove with a Michigan Army National Guard Convoy on
US-27. During that ride I passed an M35A2, with full canvas, and the highway
tires, doing 68 MPH on the flat and level. While this was not an M35A3 (no
super singles, or sloping hood, etc.), it did have some modifications like
the highway tread pattern, and also an air cleaner intake on the LEFT front
fender. In addition, the noise level as I passed this truck was very low-
sounded more like a Kenworth than an M35A2.

Rich
Rich Weinkauf, N8QLT
Cruise Missile Coordinates: 42d 28.05'N 083d 22.87'W
HummerID 97.5 Fly Yellow Wagon
1970 Kaiser-Jeep M35A2 ** MVPA #20486
Load Warrior Website http://www.m35a2.info
M35 Cool Stuff Site http://www.highprofilevehicles.com