Re: [MV] The perils of honesty on eBay

From: J. Forster (jfor@quik.com)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 12:58:43 PST

Dave Cole wrote:

> I've done about 200 transacations on Ebay and by far most of them have gone very well.

I've done over 1000 and had serious problems with about 5. All but 1 were due to non-shipping sellers. The one exception was a negative filed by a seller for supposed non-payment by
me. The idiot sent me out a REFUND CHECK the day before filing the non-paying bidder complaint. IMO, she had a better offer for the item

> and by also refusing to deal with bad sellers.

Sometimes you can't tell, and sometimes the item is close to unobtainable anywhere else and you have to take a chance, or do without. I might well chance a seller with 100 negative
FBs for the right antenna base.

> I've noticed that some sellers who do a crappy job, they abandon their ID when it gets too bad and start over with a new ID, only to screw a number of people again. Those guys
> aren't too hard to spot as they will have 10% bad feedback or more and I am not talking about 1 out of 10, but 100 out of a thousand or so.

eBay will shut those down before they get to -100

> I think 99%+ of the people on Ebay are very honest people.
>
> Dave

Agreed. And they are mostly nice to.take care,