Re: [MV] The perils of honesty on eBay

From: HOWARD WRIGHT (dvsww2@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 12:15:03 PST

I've sold a bunch on Ebay and bought a lot of stuff too. One Power Seller
who was selling electric winches. What I didn't notice that in very small
print they posted there shipping price which was nearly double of what it
should have been. I posted negative feedback on them that they were
ripping people off on shipping and even though I sent them a money order
for the winch they returned my payment, refusing it. Again I contacted
Safe Harbor that did nothing. Finally since I needed the winch I had a
friend bid it , used my same MO and had it shipped to him. I guess the
moral to the story is is to read the auctions completely and watch out for
"power sellers" who are selling a large quantity of the same item at cheap
prices. In this case they were making their profit out of a high shipping
price.

Do not respond to
> > this message as I am not interested in what you have to say."
> >
> > Kinda speaks for the guy, doesn't it? He doesn't like the fact that i
was honest about
> > his performance. He has other negative FB for the same reasons.
> >
> > > I don't remember if e-bay actually has a policy, but IMHO the
seller's job is finished
> > > when they ship the item and that is when they should leave their
feedback, based on
> > > the buyer's performance after the sale.
> >
> > I disagree. The buyer has completed his obligation when the item is
paid for, and is
> > entitled to positive FB at that time.
> >
> > > The appropriate time for the buyer to leave feedback is after they
receive their item.

> > Right. As long as it is in the condition described and has been
properly packed, etc.

> > > Fortunately, we have had overwhelmingly positive experiences and have
not had to leave
> > > negative feedback. In the long run, I feel that e-bay's first loyalty
is to their
> > > sellers; that is where they make they're money. Unfortunately, they
don't really seem
> > > to care very much for the "little guy"; the buyer.
> >
> > RIGHT ON !!!
> >
> > > Just my rant for the day.
> >
> > And mine too. LoL.-J
> >
> > Pete Davis

> > > were slow and unhelpful let them know with negative feedback.

> > > within a few days with a USPS Money Order. Seven weeks later, no item
and no response
> > > to emails. I called the seller and was told the item had been
shipped, but the seller
> > > would not give me the Tracking Number, either on the phone or by
email.

> > > claims. A week later the item finally turned up. I posted POSITIVE FB
with the comment
> > > "very slow shipment" and "poor emails" and got a neutral FB for my
trouble.

DOES NOT PAY on
> > > eBay.

--- HOWARD WRIGHT