Re: [MV] The perils of honesty on eBay

From: wwd@netheaven.com
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 13:16:09 PST

>in
>very small print they posted there shipping price which was nearly double
>of what it should have been. I posted negative feedback on them that
>they were ripping people off on shipping and even though I sent them a
>money order for the winch they returned my payment, refusing it.

Posting nf before actual receipt of the item is illogical. What if you
opened the package to find a check from them for a refund of the unused
(extra) postage. It would be like starting a fight with a checkout clerk
before you paid for the item and had the sack in your hand. Also it is
really 'shipping & handling', and sometimes I've paid more for this than
for the item especially where you grab something for the opening price.
The 'handling' helps to reduce their loss in these cases.

BTW, wasn't there originally another online auction that was bought up by
eBay? Now they seem to be the only game in town, and a whole lotta fun,
too.

Bill

--
wwd@netheaven.com